2015 RMEL Foundation Scholarship Program Overview
The purpose of the RMEL Foundation is to award scholarships to deserving and qualified students in engineering, business, information systems, plant, line or distribution technology, line worker or other curriculum related to the electric energy industry.
Awards will be made in two categories:
- RMEL Foundation Scholarships. These scholarships have been historically awarded in amounts up to $3,000. See the eligibility requirements below for these scholarships.
- RMEL Foundation Named Scholarships. These scholarships are provided by the Foundation in the name of the donor. The number of scholarships and amounts awarded depend on the funds donated. In addition to the eligibility requirements below, immediate family and employees of the donor are not eligible for these scholarships. The named scholarships will be listed as they become available.
The applicant must be a high school senior, high school graduate or college undergraduate. In addition, you must fulfill ONE of the following:
- Be pursuing or plan to pursue an electric industry position certificate or associate degree at a college (community college, 4-year college or a 4-year university) and be able to provide information about the specific program you are or will attend and the accreditation status of the institution.
- Be pursuing or plan to pursue an undergraduate degree with intent to pursue a career in the electric energy industry. College undergraduates must be taking the minimum number of semester hours that the institution requires for the student to be considered full time.
- If you are receiving educational assistance (tuition reimbursement) from your employer, you are not eligible for the RMEL Foundation Scholarship.
- Applicants must be a permanent U.S. resident.
- The online application must be completed in its entirety.
- **Application must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. MST on January 30, 2015. Applications submitted after the deadline will be automatically dismissed.**
How Recipients are Chosen:
A Selection Committee of the RMEL Foundation reviews all applications and selects the recipients. The selection criteria are:
- Goals and aspirations in the electric energy industry
- Motivation to succeed
- Service to community and school
- Academic ability
January 30, 2015 - Submission deadline for applications
Late February/Early March 2015 - Recipients notified
March 5, 2015 - Recipients transcripts due (see below)
If you receive a 2015 RMEL Foundation Scholarship, please note:
- You must submit a current, official high school transcript.
- College freshman, sophomores and juniors must also submit a current, official college transcript. This is in addition to a high school transcript. BOTH are required.
- An official transcript is defined as one mailed directly from the educational institution to the RMEL Foundation or a non-tampered transcript bearing the seal of the institution mailed to the RMEL Foundation from you.
- Transcripts must be mailed, not faxed.
- Transcripts must be submitted to the RMEL Foundation no later than Thursday, March, 2015.
Where to mail transcripts:
Attn: James Sakamoto
6855 S. Havana St, Ste 430
Centennial, CO 80112
**BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW, YOU AGREE TO THE ABOVE INFORMATION AND WILL START THE APPLICATION PROCESS**
2015 RMEL Foundation Scholarship Application