2016 RMEL Foundation Scholarship Program Overview
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 11, 2016
Thank you for you interest in the RMEL Foundation Scholarship. This year's application is now closed.
RMEL MEMBERS: If your company has built relationships with local universities and high schools, the RMEL Foundation wants to complement those relationships with RMEL Foundation Scholarships! We are here to help engage young talent in your area and connect them to your company. Please send this link to your academic contacts and send us their contact information – we’ll do the rest! You can also send this link to colleagues and friends who have kids or know of students looking for a diverse and exciting career in the electric energy industry. This is an industry primed for invention and technological advances, and new employees with all types of skill-sets are needed!
The purpose of the RMEL Foundation is to award scholarships to deserving and qualified students in engineering, business, information systems, plant, line or distribution technology, line worker or other curriculum related to the electric energy industry.
Awards will be made in two categories:
- RMEL Foundation Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded in amounts up to $3,000 (Bachelor's Degree (4-year) and Post Graduate Programs excluding MBA) and $1,500 (Certificate/Associate Degree (2-Year)). See the eligibility requirements below for these scholarships.
- RMEL Foundation Named Scholarships. These scholarships are provided by the Foundation in the name of the donor. The number of scholarships and amounts awarded depend on the funds donated.
The applicant must be a high school senior, high school graduate, college undergraduate or post graduate degree candidate (excluding MBA). In addition, you must fulfill ONE of the following:
- Be pursuing or plan to pursue an electric industry position certificate or associate degree at a college (Certificate/Associate Degree (2-Year), Bachelor's Degree (4-year) or post graduate program) and be able to provide information about the specific program you are or will attend and the accreditation status of the institution.
- Be pursuing or plan to pursue an undergraduate degree with intent to pursue a career in the electric energy industry. College undergraduates must be taking the minimum number of semester hours that the institution requires for the student to be considered full time.
- Applicants must be a permanent U.S. resident.
- The online application must be completed in its entirety.
After logging in to your account, applicants will be asked to complete one of four applications.
- Bachelor's Degree (4-Year)
- Certificate/Associate Degree (2-Year)
- Previous RMEL Foundation Scholarship Recipient
- Post Graduate Program Candidate (excluding MBA)
**Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. MST on February 11, 2016.
How Recipients are Chosen:
A Selection Committee of the RMEL Foundation reviews all applications and selects the recipients. The selection criteria are:
- Goals and aspirations in the electric energy industry
- Motivation to succeed
- Service to community and school
- Academic ability
February 11, 2016 - Submission deadline for applications
Late March/Early April 2016 - Recipients notified
RMEL Foundation Contact
6855 S. Havana St, Ste 430
Centennial, CO 80112